About three years ago I started this Alabama Chanin top. My mom got the book for me – I think it’s the second book – Alabama Studio Style. I worked on it pretty regularly for awhile, right up until I realized I made some not great design choices. The green on green didn’t really show off the stencil and I had meant to stitch outside the painted area and not inside it. These are not really big deals, but they were demotivational enough to make me put the project down for a couple years. I picked it up again last spring when I saw someone else working on hers at one of Rae and Karen’s crafty meet-ups, and then I promptly put it down again. This spring I finished it, I mean it only needed the binding, and wouldn’t you know it, I love it.
The fit is great. The little flare at the waist is flattering, and I find the binding quite cute. After all that sluggish attitude, I may make myself the dress version of the pattern.
Dishes are done, man.